on TSED webpage and on all TSED materials courtesy of: UNCDF/Adam
Rogers, UN/Julie Pudlowski; UNICEF and Help Age International, Tanzania
TSED is a comprehensive and up-to-date
socio-economic database system that:
- Facilitates the systematization, storage and
analysis of performance indicators in different thematic areas
that are defined by the users.
- Allows for user-friendly analysis of data through
tables, graphs, reports and maps options. The system allows
the creation of global, regional, national and local maps, with
upto 10 geographic levels.
- Allows the grouping of indicators in different
frameworks, sectors and sub-sectors, by themes (poverty, disparities
etc), by institutions, by sources, by international commitments
- Provides updated time-series as well as multiple
estimates from various sources, disaggregated data down to village,
by sex and urban/rural strata whenever these are available.
- Allows the creation, modification and merging
of indicator databases without the need for specialized programs
or technical support, the system contains a wizard that provides
step by step orientation for these tasks.